10/2/07 07:41 am - From Confusious's Great Learning:
Thanks to the prophet who scouts out our texts! May she be ever cultivating.
1. Another Day of Naming!
Welcome to Zach, Master Beadle, Precenter, & Verger. He shall prepare the worship services, keeping rhythm and order with his menoritic spray bottle.
Welcome to Anne, Priestess of Flippancy. It has been recognized that she has the gifts of spontaneous wisdom and sacred levity.
Welcome to Nick, Menorite. Nick shall remain in and of the world for religious (knot tying) reasons.
May their knots be strong,
May their tying be praised,
May they hold us up as we
endeavour to do the same!
In their honour, splash water on your face and immediately say whatever comes to mind. You are encouraged to post your sayings as comments to this Holy Entry.
2. Adversarial Wisdom
Many faiths have a devil or evil counterpart to their Godhead. Nuteans generally believe that evil is beyond the Border of that Which Is Not. We do, however, welcome an Adversary or a Critic. We accept that a person who stands outside our Net may more easily show how we are tangled, in pointing out their noticings they may only help us as we seek to interlace our Sinte'Iluvian thread. It is for this reason I quote to you, here, a message from our named Adversary:
The following is taken from the livejournal of our Priestess of Creativity. Praise be to her!
In the New Year, thou shalt not only continue to tie knots- but thou must seekth **NEW** and inventive ways to tie knots. For your New Year, a list of suggestions for creative and unique knot-tying---
1. Al dente spaghetti noodles can be tied (decoratively) into knots
2. Gum wrappers make lovely origami knots
3. Kombu- a dried sea veggie/seaweed (found in most natural/asian grocery stores) can be blanched, sliced into thin strips and tied into decoratvie knots for soups, main dishes, etc.
4. Siracha hot sauce drizzled over cashews...oh wait, that's thai nuts
5. shoelaces- daily knot tying rememberance
6. Leave hair unwashed for a week or so, "roll" into cords and tie as an act of declaring Sinteluvian knot-tying (similar to rastafarian dreads)
7. Hang out in Bangkok with a bunch of crazies...oops, thai nuts AGAIN
8. Friendship bracelets are hereforth declared a holy symbol, being made entirely of knots
prosperous knot-tying in the new year fellow Nuteans!!!!